Enlarging Your World – Bruce Claridge [10/06/2018 AM]
Enlarging Your World - Partnering with a Generous God
Proverbs 11:24 (MSG)
Keys to developing a Generous spirit.
Youth camp testimonies given following the recent Camp Collective run by Dave Doolan and his team show the result of generous leaders sowing into the lives of young people. The world of these young leaders got larger because of their generosity as did the world of every person at the camp.
Three reasons to be generous:
- It reveals the nature of our Heavenly Father, our Heavenly Partner
- John 3:16
- The Privileges of Partnership
- Partnering with God
- The promises of partnership with a Generous God
Our Bible is our contract or covenant
God’s partnership will not disappoint
We need to walk in partnership with God
He will never leave us or forsake us
Pray unceasingly with extravagant prayers
Give generously – reflect the culture of the Kingdom and expect an expanding world.
Forgive foolishly – let God do the vengeance stuff and we do the forgiving stuff
Dream unreasonably – asking WHY NOT, instead of thinking I can’t
Serve wholeheartedly – be where the action is, serve others rather than ourselves
Love unashamedly – love the unlovable generously and dangerously… that freaks them out!
Walk innocently – don’t let the world mould you into its smallness
Believe undoubtedly – Live knowing that “All things are possible to him that believes”.
Live powerfully – It all starts with the faith to live with an extravagantly generous spirit.
Suggestions for Discussion Questions
- What does it mean to have a generous spirit?
- Do you see generosity at an obligation?
- Discuss the Good Samaritan
- Is generosity a life decision?
- What does this mean we are to be generous with? e.g. Time, talents, finances, words, our gifts
- Do you need to have a big heart?
- Do you think generous people attract people? Discuss.
- Do they make you feel you want to be a part of where they are?
- Discuss the principle of sowing and reaping.
- How did the stories of generosity in this message impact you?
- What did the preacher mean by the statement “The most obvious signs of a Christian are that they are forgiving and giving”?
- What are some of the privileges of partnership with God that you have experienced?
- How do we continue to live with a generous spirit in the tough times or times of scarcity?