Connect Culture Pt 3 – Kerrin Wallis [24/06/2018 AM]
Christ centred living Pt 2
1 Peter 1:6-9 (NIV)
6 In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. 7 These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may result in praise, glory and honour when Jesus Christ is revealed. 8 Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, 9 for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of your souls.
Theme of Message
What it means for us to have a Christ-centred focus in our lives within God’s Church.
We need to reflect Kingdom culture and live Faith-centred lives. By doing this we are living as God created us to live.
Main Points with scriptures
- Praise and worship will need to be Christ-centred and faith-centred.
- Our ability to praise will be reflected in our lives.
- We need to be someone who knows how to praise God because we know him, and not just have a contract with God.
- Praise and worship is a result of believing in God. Praise-centred living is about Jesus Christ – “inexpressible and glorious joy” is the end result of knowing God.
- Praise and worship Him because of who He is and life Him up – not ourselves!
- We need to be Christ-centred in our Relationships.
- Jesus was known for His love of people who didn’t fit the mould.
- Matthew 9:10 New Living Translation (NLT)
10 Later, Matthew invited Jesus and his disciples to his home as dinner guests, along with many tax collectors and other disreputable sinners.
- We need to go out of our way to know the disreputable sinners.
- Real love (1 Cor. 13) – speak the truth and get involved in people’s lives.
- Don’t be a part of an exclusive clique – be a disciple, be welcoming and loving.
- Make sure people experience Jesus Christ in you, be a body and work together.
- Love others as Christ loves them. They matter to Him therefore they should matter to us.
- Be Christ-centred in our Praise. His word is centred in truth, it endures forever.
- Our comfort is not central in our lives – Christ is! God’s best plan for our lives has to be preached.
- Speak Blessings into your future not negatives into your past.
- Christ-centred in our Discipleship.
- Help people to be the best they can be in their life in Christ. Discover Christ and then become Christ-like.
Matthew 28:18-20 (NLT)
18 Jesus came and told his disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. 19 Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. 20 Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
Life is not a structure – it’s a journey.
The heart of discipleship is relationships.
Be in a Connect Group with good friends who will pray for you and help you to live a Christ-centred life.
When we know what Christ has done for us, we understand what a relationship with Him means.
He died for your past, but He lives for your future.
Suggestions for Discussion Questions
- What does it mean to live Faith-centred lives?
- What happens when we live Christ-centred in our Praise and Worship?
- How are our relationships to be lived?
- How do our relationships affect our Discipleship?