Taking Ground Pt 3 – Kerrin Wallis [23/09/2018 AM]
What miracle giving unlocks in our lives
‘A good person leaves an inheritance for their children’s children’
- God wants us to reach the lost for Him and to build for future generations.
- Tithes are what God already owns. We need to honour God for what He has given us by giving back to him.
- Giving to reach the lost is our obligation.
- A Miracle Offering is the way we can do this. A Miracle Offering unlocks the resources of God.
Nehemiah 6:105 (NKJV)
15 So the wall was completed on the twenty-fifth of Elul, in fifty-two days.
16 When all our enemies heard about this, all the surrounding nations were afraid and lost their self-confidence, because they realized that this work had been done with the help of our God.
- Nehemiah overcame challenges. He built the wall for security in 52 days.
- There was great opposition to the Completed Wall
- The devil hates it when the Church moves forward, so we can expect him to react to our giving.
- When we give a miracle offering, a miracle is released.
1. Miracle giving empowers the work of God
- King Sirus gave willingly. He was chosen by God to help Nehemiah. Despite personal challenges and hard times – the people had lived in the land 10 years – Nehemiah built the wall in 52 days
- Acts record the explosion of the Church.
- There was not a part of the kingdom that wasn’t affected
- Unusual giving, extraordinary giving, expands God’s kingdom.
And God’s grace was so powerfully at work in them all4 that there were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales 35 and put it at the apostles’ feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need.
2. Miracle giving advances the Kingdom of Heaven and unlocks miracle power
- When people give generously it stirs up revival.
- In Townsville during the 70s-80’s Pastor David Cartledge was called by God to pastor a church. As the church grew, David decided the church needed to buy land to build a larger facility, so he purchased 92 acres of land on the outskirts of the city. On this property he started a Bible school and a Christian school.
- A member of the church, Warren Usher, paid for the road to access the church. Miracle access was a blessing.
- The founding members of the Church left and incredible heritage for their children and children’s children.
3. Miracle giving releases JOY
10 it is a time to celebrate with a hearty meal and to send presents to those in need, for the joy of the Lord is your strength. You must not be dejected and sad!”
- When and offering is given you reap what you sew. Give sacrificially and then go out and celebrate.
- Miracle giving doesn’t lead to lack, it releases more provision.
- God is far more able to give back more than you can give.
35 I have shown you in every way, by labouring like this, that you must support the weak. And remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.
- We need to be excited about giving and don’t worry about the work and the cost.
- Enemies of God are very angry about extra giving.
- Christians have joy and celebrate God’s provisions when they participate in Miracle Giving.
- Kerrin & Tegan sacrificed to move to Townsville but God released Joy in their lives. When they finally left Townsville they were more than doubly blessed.
10 You shall surely give to him, and your heart should not be grieved when you give to him, because for this thing the Lord your God will bless you in all your works and in all to which you put your hand.
- Miracle givers renounce the devil’s challenges – tell the devil not today!
- God is able to do more. He will bless you in all your works. He releases Joy in your life when you give.
- The rich hang on to their wealth, but let God be your lifeboat and he will bless you.
Proverbs 10:22; 2 Corinthians 8:1-5
- Abundant JOY overflows in rich generosity.
4. Miracle giving brings miracle breakthrough
2 Chronicles 1:6-12
7 On that night God appeared to Solomon, and said to him, “Ask! What shall I give you?”
- Giving to the kingdom unlocks miracles in your lives.
1 Kings 17:8-24
- God said to Elijah “I have commanded a widow there to provide for you.”
- The people were dying for lack of water and food.
- God spoke to the widow to give food to Elijah. She put God first then received her miracle or provision for her and her son.
- We should treat giving as a miracle from God. Giving unlocks levels of miracles.
- Later on the widow’s son was dying and God healed him.
- Step out and give, knowing we will reap rewards.
John 6:1-13; Mark 12:41
- Giving what you have allows you to live generously, it unlocks miracles of influence.
- Preacher Luke Connell advised Kerrin to give to bring breakthrough. Giving primes the pump of living water.
- Jesus talks about prayer, fasting, giving.
- Miracle giving is a weapon in the hands of God.
- Tell the devil he has no control over your money.
- Miracle giving makes life hard, but God will bring the increase.
- Something will be unleashed around the corner.
- Giving results in blessing because you obey the commands of God.
- Hear from God – take a step of faith and God will bless the giving.
- Obedience always leads to blessing.
- Miracle giving advances the kingdom of Heaven.
- Miracle giving releases JOY in our lives.
- Miracle giving leads to miracle breakthrough.
- Respond in faith.
- Give to leave a heritage for generations to come
- Give towards something incredible.
Arise, shine; For your light has come!
And the glory of the Lord is risen upon you.
Suggestions for Discussion Questions
- Discuss the fact that miracle giving expands God’s kingdom.
- What makes God’s enemies angry about extra giving?
- How do we release Joy in our lives?
- Why is miracle giving a weapon in God’s hand?