Unity, Purity, Wonder Pt 3 – Ps Kerrin Wallis [15/09/2019 AM]
Today is a special day in the life of our Church and each year we will put aside a day like today to celebrate!
We will celebrate what God has done for us and then take a new faith step in Miracle Giving, looking forward to what God will do in the year to come!
Jeff Hulls prayed for our Church to be open to the move of the Holy Spirit. The past members of the Church had a vision for the expansion of the Hall. Jeff shared a vision God had given him of lots of people ploughing the fields, with lots of people following them sowing the seed and lots more people reaping the harvest.
This year Kerrin wanted to preach for a few moments on the wonder of God!
We have been looking at UNITY, PURITY, WONDER which was a word Kerrin felt God gave us at the start of this year.
Today he thought this is of particular importance as we give together believing for God’s Miracles to flow through us.
- As we give in UNITY – together!
- Not about one or a few giving, but about everyone playing their part.
- The incredible miracle of what God has done so far was because many people were unified and gave together for what we believe God was saying. They were unified of heart and joined hands together.
- They worked with many ploughs to make things happen.
- As we give with PURITY – purity of heart and motive!
- We don’t give to twist God’s arm, score browning points or to get back.
- We give generously according to what God has spoken to us and we do so because it is all His anyway.
- Our giving is simply us coming to God with pure hearts and sowing into His kingdom for His purposes. Responding in obedience to God as stewards of what He has given us.
Then God will do His Wonders!
We do our part and watch with faith as God does His!
We are celebrating today because we saw all of these things last year! People UNIFIED in giving – all doing their part – it wasn’t equal giving, but equal sacrifice We did so simply with a PURITY of heart to say God we will be obedient to you and we saw the WONDERS of God as a result. We can believe for the WONDERS in our lives.
GOD HAS DONE WONDERS THIS YEAR – and Kerrin honestly believes our unified faith and giving was a huge part of releasing that!
What a day to celebrate! Praise God Church and thank you for listening to Him and responding/giving in faith!
Today as we give together I want to stir faith and encourage every person to believe for the WONDER of God in their lives!
God is a God of wonder!
This word literally means:
Wonders = bring extraordinary (1), deal marvellously (1), difficult (5), extraordinary degree (1), fulfil a special (3), made his wonderful (1), made marvellous (1), makes a difficult (1), makes a special (1), marvellous (1), marvellously (1), miracles (5), monstrous things (1), seemed hard (1), show your power (1), things…difficult (1), things…wonderful (1), too difficult (2), wonderful (4), wonderful acts (1), wonderful deeds (3), wonderful things (2), wonderful works (2), wonders (20), wondrous deeds (3), wondrous works (3), wondrously (2), wondrously marvellous (1).
What a wonderful description of the God we serve.
We don’t need to be very insightful to see that our God is A GOD OF WONDER!
- If we have ever seen a mountain range and the giant peaks of earth that rise into the horizon – our Wondrous God made them!
- If we have ever seen the beauty of the snow and the billions of snowflakes – with not one of them alike! We serve a God who is filled with WONDERS!
- Perhaps you have stood by the Ocean and seen it roar with power or sit calmly like a beautiful sea of glass!
What about colour!
- If God were a God of: just enough, getting by, practical means He would have made the world black and white and different shades of grey!
- Yet it is filled with the most vibrant and extravagant of colours.
- The brilliance of colour fills our world at every turn.
Isn’t it incredible that even in the act of a child being born, it’s not a form we fill out or some basic agreement?
- It is the loving and beautiful act of intimacy and the wonder of two people becoming one together that creates another little being!
WONDER fills our world and lives every day and so much so that we drive past it, look at it in the mirror, engage with it and yet sometimes fail to recognise GOD IS THE GOD OF WONDER WHO CREATED IT AND ALLOWS IT ALL!
Then we have the wonders of victory, of breakthrough, of blessing, of restoration, of miracles, of provision, of healing, of advancing God’s eternal kingdom, the wonders that we can dare to believe God for!
The wonders where: life, others, circumstance, reality, what we see says it can’t happen – BUT GOD SAYS it CAN! God brings life, hope and joy.
Matthew 19:26 (NKJV)
But Jesus looked at them and said to them, “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
My question today is:
- What are we believing God for that is wondrous?
- What are we looking to?
- What are we praying?
- What are we stretching for, reaching toward?
That the WONDER of God could be seen in and through our lives!
Joshua 3:5 (NLT)
5 Then Joshua told the people, “Purify yourselves, for tomorrow the Lord will do great wonders among you.”
I want to talk briefly about the WONDERS we are believing for this year!
Yes, we are believing to see incredible miracles and giving, to allow us to build an amazing facility – which will be a wonder!
But the wonder of that is totally outshone and overpowered by the TRUE WONDERS that we are believing for!
We are reaching for so much more than that!
- That is why we will do a Miracle Offering and giving EVERY YEAR because our belief for the Wonders of God are so much bigger than a facility or building! More things to believe for.
We are believing for the Wonder of: REACHING MORE PEOPLE!
To me one of the most incredible wonders of God is that He would choose in the mess, brokenness, darkness, filth, destruction of this world, to send HIS SON ONLY JESUS into it to rescue us at the cost of His own life – humanity! The greatest wonder of all.
To me one of the most wondrous things is that:
- God’s love overcomes hate.
- The goodness of God leads to repentance.
- Jesus offers forgiveness to any person who comes to Him with a repentant heart.
- God has made a way so that all of us can come to Him.
- IT is the GOSPEL – that is the most wondrous news in the history of the planet!
Romans 1:16 (NLT)
16 For I am not ashamed of this Good News about Christ. It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes—the Jew first and also the Gentile. 17 This Good News tells us how God makes us right in his sight. This is accomplished from start to finish by faith. As the Scriptures say, “It is through faith that a righteous person has life.”
Each year we will give in UNITY and PURITY believing for the wonder of REACHING MORE PEOPLE!
Matt 28:19 (NLT)
19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
We so glad for all that God has done and the many that come here and find this place home, but let’s never forget the other 100,000 people that are yet to discover:
- God loves them.
- His plan for their life.
- The freedom and hope found in Jesus Christ.
- That there is another way!
Let us promise you that the facility we are building is not built for our comfort but for our mission to REACH MORE PEOPLE!
Imagine the wonder of our unity and purity:
- Reaching another child with God’s love.
- Touching another family and changing their eternal destiny.
- Bringing hope to a broken and lost person and changing their lives.
- Reaching the marginalised, the hurting.
- Reaching those that just don’t know!
What a privilege that WE GET THE OPPORTUNITY to be part of God reaching into every part of our city! The WONDER of REACHING another lost person with God’s love!
We can sow the fields and reap the harvest. The Wonder of Raising Champions!
People who have power and the passion to reach souls for Jesus.
One of the saddest, most disappointing or possibly disgraceful verses in the Bible is:
Joshua 5:4 (NIV)
4 Now this is why he did so: All those who came out of Egypt—all the men of military age (men trained in battle)—died in the wilderness on the way after leaving Egypt.
What happened here is that God rescued the people of Israel out of slavery and the bondage of Egypt, however despite His miracle powers in their lives and situations, despite His promises and a promised land prepared for them and because of their lack of faith and courage, they died as men of war, not in battle or possessing for their generation, but instead:
- Faithless and wandering around in the wilderness.
- Refusing to fight for their kids futures.
- And instead living out of selfishness and comfort, they died and left what they should have fought for their kids to have instead!
This Church will never live out of comfort and selfishness, but instead we will live with the wonder of raising champions!
We will demonstrate what it is to:
- Fight for God’s Kingdom.
- Possess new territory.
- Take ground.
- Build buildings.
- Buy land.
- Plant churches in places where there is none at present.
- Release ministries.
- Raise leaders of influence.
- Send missionaries.
All of these things mean WE MUST TODAY lead the way! We must demonstrate what it means to breakthrough, to possess, to build and expand God’s Kingdom! We set the bars for our kids to fight bigger battles.
I want our church and generation to be able to say, “Even when we are old and grey, do not forsake me, my God, till I declare your power to the next generation, Your mighty acts to all who are to come…”
Psalm 71:18 (NIV)
The great news is, we just have to be obedient to Him in our unity and purity and HE DOES THE WONDER! Be faithful to the things of God and raise champions.
The Wonder of Building for the Future!
Daniel 4:3 (NIV)
3 How great are his signs, how mighty his wonders! His kingdom is an eternal kingdom; his dominion endures from generation to generation.
Proverbs 13:2 (NIV)
A good man leaves an inheritance to his children’s children, but the wealth of the sinner is stored up for the righteous.
There is a WONDER of GOD where His blessing flows from one generation to the next!
- The WONDER of kids today growing up in a: fresh, filled with the Holy Spirit, pumping church and seeing kids and youth ministries of hundreds, a church filled with people, amazing facilities – that then is their normal!
- Imagine what REVIVAL would look like to them!
What are we doing today for our children’s children?
- What heritage do we leave behind?
- The next generations, will they be able to do more than we ever dreamed because we left them an inheritance, possessed things and took ground? They can possess even greater things.
Even what we do build in our generations – LET’S BUILD FOR THE ONES TO COME!
- It’s not just about the need today, but leaving something for tomorrow.
- The Wonder of Unlocking Generosity!
One of the greatest keys to unlock the plan of God for our lives is generosity! Teach a nation what generosity can do in their lives
Generosity is not a one off gift it is a lifestyle of generous acts!
Proverbs 22:9 (NKJV)
He who has a generous eye will be blessed, for he gives of his bread to the poor.
This is about so much more than an act – it is a way of seeing life!
- If we have a red eye – everything you see will be red.
- If we have a blurry eye – then everything you see is blurry.
If we have a GENEROUS EYE – then everything we see is an opportunity to be generous!
- Every conversation – generous with praise, encouragement, honour.
- Every situation of lack – an opportunity to bless and be generous.
- Every relationship – generous with love, patience, kindness, forgiveness.
- Every day – generous in our approach to people and life!
THIS IS TRULY A WONDER!
- In a world that teaches the opposite,
- Look out for no.1.
- Hang onto what you have.
- Take care of SELF above all else. Take and not give.
- The world’s message is to live in fear of not having, loosing or missing out!
God teaches that when we learn to live with His kingdom principle of generosity – instead of missing out – we gain so much more!
Miracle Giving is part of giving people an opportunity to unlock generosity in their lives!
We have literally had people come and thank us for the Miracle Offering and the opportunity to give and to sow into something bigger.
- Testimonies of God providing, doing miracles, break through, blessing have poured in.
- People have personally said – “We discovered we can never out give God!”
We want to see people’s whole futures changed as they learn what it is to live a life of generosity and Miracle giving. The Wonder of Reflecting God to the Community!
Our community ought to look at the Church of Jesus Christ, not just the facilities, but all we do and BE AMAZED!
Do we reflect the WONDER of God to our community?
So much of God and His Church is in the unseen realm that when it comes to what is seen, LET’S HAVE IT SHOW PEOPLE THE WONDER OF GOD!
- Our facilities say something about God to every person before they ever enter a service, hear a worship song or listen to a sermon!
- The externals preach a loud message.
Already with what we have given and our plans to build Kerrin has had people say that ‘they had no idea a church could do that’!
- Others describe it as amazing or so exciting!
- We reflect the WONDER of God and it will open up people’s hearts.
But so much bigger than just a building, in every way where we have the opportunity, let’s do everything we can to demonstrate, display and SHOW GOD’S WONDER to our community, how gracious and kind we are!
We are called to show the Glory of God.
Isaiah 60:1-3 (NKJV)
60 Arise, shine; for your light has come! And the glory of the Lord is risen upon you. 2 For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and deep darkness the people; But the Lord will arise over you, And His glory will be seen upon you.
3 The Gentiles shall come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your rising.
Suggestions for Discussion Questions
- What are you believing God for that is wondrous?
- This Church will never live out of comfort and selfishness, but instead we will live with the wonder of raising champions! How will this affect you and what will you do to help this to happen?
- Do you have a GENEROUS EYE and see opportunities to be generous!
- Do you reflect the WONDER of God to your community?