Things Of The Last Days Of Time – Ps Steve Penny [17/11/2019 AM]
The God gathering has begun
- Before preaching his message, Steve Penny spoke about Kerrin and Tegan being like Joseph in Egypt where he was appointed by God. The hand of God’s favour was on Joseph.
- Steve said that there is a seed of Revival in this Church.
- As Connect Church goes, so goes the City. The River of God is here and the streams of the River will go out all over the City. The streets will make glad the City.
- City council and the leaders of this City will help the Church. He said there will be some incredible times together.
- The spark of revival will spring forth. It will be evident to all that God’s favour is on the Church. There will be pain and tears, but good times are coming.
- There will be triumph and victory and many will rejoice with you in the good things of God.
- People outside of this city will come to see the favour of God being poured out on this Church.
Genesis 49:10 (KJV)
10 The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.
This passage is talking about when Jesus comes back.
Ephesians 1:10 (NKJV)
10 that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth—in Him.
- Don’t be alarmed at the gathering of nations in the Middle East. God is doing the gathering.
- These are momentous times. Get switched on in the power of the Holy Spirit and watch the God of Heaven bring about His plan for Planet Earth.
- God is taking over the harvest. He is getting the harvest and bringing them to us.
- We need to be a gathering Church. Open the doors to gather the harvest that God is bringing to us in these last days.
- There will be a generation that are gatherable. The time is right for this amazing God Gathering here on Earth.
Steve is a Baby Boomer generation. We saw man walk on the moon, television, mobile phone.
The Alpha generation, those born after 2010.
A generation that is bombarded with new things, but we don’t know what they are yet. Artificial intelligence, they will grow with new things.
The Alpha and Omega generation will see the return of Jesus. A generation is 40 years.
The kids are turning back to the values of their grandparents. They are learning to knit and want picnics on the grass. They are more traditional. They want values that are real.
They are the terminal generation. They have the capacity to destroy the earth.
They are the suicide generation. They will accept anything but they are unable to handle the speed of change and all the stuff bombarding them. Mental health issues will be a disease.
They can’t handle the ease of choice.
There used to be only two genders, but today that is no longer the case. There are over 100 genders for this generation to choose from.
Death is an easy way out.
The Millennials were digital natives. They are born with an iphone in their hands.
They will become digital captives. They will sell their soul to the digital era.
The phones know everything, but this generation don’t care as long as they can take a selfie. This generation will love the mark.
They are gatherable. In Hong Kong, they will put up a gathering on their mobile phones and a million people turn up. God will use all of that to gather them to Himself.
In these days, there is a polarising effect taking place.
Isaiah 60:1 (NKJV)
Arise, shine; for your light has come! And the glory of the Lord is risen (increasing) upon you.
- Let the glory of God arise on us and be a presence of God Church.
- He is gathering people all over the world.
- There will be gross darkness (a demonic darkness from hell) and militant wickedness, but there is the Glorious Power of God.
- There is a gathering of both in these days.
Micah 4:6-8 (NKJV)
6 “In that day,” says the Lord, “I will assemble the lame, I will gather the outcast and those whom I have afflicted; 7 I will make the lame a remnant, and the outcast a strong nation; so the Lord will reign over them in Mount Zion from now on, even forever. 8 And you, O tower of the flock, the stronghold of the daughter of Zion, to you shall it come, even the former (first) dominion shall come, the kingdom of the daughter of Jerusalem.”
We are seeing the fulfilment of this passage of scripture.
God promises that in that day:
- I will assemble the lame – people like the US singer Kanye West. He has just released an album titled Jesus is King. He had 2000 people give their hearts to the Lord after one of his concerts – but he still has a limp, they are dysfunctional, but are still acceptable. We all have a limp. We need to learn to walk in the way of righteousness. We need to welcome the lame. He ain’t heavy he’s my brother!
- I will gather the outcast – gather them in and accept them into the Church. There is no one here who hasn’t suffered rejection and felt second rate.
- I will remake the afflicted – we are to be full of makeover artists – encourage them in the promises of God. God will make them over.
- I will reign over my people – people under the rule and reign of Jesus who understand they live according to the Word of God. Be subject to the Will of God.
- I will restore the first dominion – bring them back to the days of Adam and Eve where God blessed them.
FIRST DOMINION is to be:
Fruitful, Multiply, Fill the Earth, Subdue, Have Dominion
Suggestions for discussion
- What does it mean to be a God-gathering Church?
- Do you think that Connect Church is becoming a God-gathering Church?
- Discuss Micah 4:6-8 and do you think we are seeing the fulfilment of this passage?